Saving Animals’ Lives Through
Thank you for your interest in providing for the future of Heaven Can Wait Animal Society (HCWS). Through the long-term commitment of supporters like you, HCWS will continue its efforts to save the lives of animals and end their suffering.
The following gives only the most general description of your options for planned giving, and it is important that you seek the advice of your estate planning attorney.
Charitable bequests are the most popular form of “planned gifts.” A bequest is a charitable gift made through a will or living trust. This is an important way for many people to make gifts of significant assets. A gift in this form is attractive to donors who recognize that their partnership with HCWS is critical to its continued success and that the loss of their support would be deeply felt. Bequests also provide a giving opportunity for supporters who may not have the financial resources to contribute regularly. A bequest is one way for them to make a
significant contribution to help provide for HCWS’s future.
Charitable bequests offer these main benefits:
Simplicity. A few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed.
Adjustability. Since you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
Versatility. You leave a specific item or sum of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to HCWS.
Tax Relief. Because HCWS is a non-profit organization, tax savings resulting from a bequest can be substantial.
The following are samples of language that your estate planning attorney may choose to use in your will:
1. “I give, devise, and bequeath to Heaven Can Wait Animal Society, Federal Tax Identification Number 88-0450947, P.O. Box 30158, Las Vegas, NV 89173, the sum of $___________ (or describe the real or personal property or portion of estate) as a charitable contribution to be used for its general purposes.”
2. “I give, devise, and bequeath to Heaven Can Wait Animal Society, Federal Tax Identification Number 88-0450947, P.O. Box 30158, Las Vegas, NV 89173, _____Percent (_______%) of my residuary estate as a charitable contribution to be used for its general purposes.”
Other ways to show love and compassion for animals beyond your lifetime:
1. Name HCWS as the beneficiary of your pension or IRA.
2. Give direct gifts of securities or property.
3. Name HCWS as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
We hope you will consider including Heaven Can Wait Animal Society in your estate planning. If you would like to discuss a
Thank you for your support. It’s just one way that your love for animals can make a difference...and continue to do so into the future!
Click here to download and print a copy of this page.